What is Check in Canada Page
Research shows that consumers prefer to book directly with accommodation providers. Until now, they could only shop for a room by searching passive listing sites, browsing Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), or by sifting through multiple hotel websites. Now, Check In Canada™ allows consumers to search for accommodation by rate and availability, then book directly with the hotel.
Who is Check In Canada?
Led by the Hotel Association of Canada, Check In Canada™ is a consortium of provincial accommodation associations from British Columbia to Ontario who are working together to connect guests directly to the hotels and lodging that serve them. Check In Canada™ is owned by these member based organizations, not a private, for profit entity. Its purpose is to enhance the guest experience and drive economic prosperity for Canada’s tourism & hospitality industry.
What are the Benefits of Participating in Check In Canada™?
Guests are connected directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest. Check In Canada™ provides:
- A refreshed listing on your Provincial, regional, and city destination marketing organization (where applicable) that connects directly to your reservation system, showing consumers your rates & availability, with no additional inventory management required by you;
- Listing on www.CheckInCanada.com;
- Consumers are referred to your website to book their accommodation, increasing direct bookings and reducing your distribution costs;
- Consumers can shop and compare accommodations and view consumer feedback through TrustYou;
- Detailed analytics about where your potential customers to help guide your marketing investments, (participants receive a username and password and can access reports for any date range).
- In Ontario, accessibility ratings through Planat™ (Rick Hansen Foundation),
- Green Key ratings,
- In Alberta, all properties listed on Check In Canada™ are considered for a Housekeeping Award,
- A low-cost online reservation system if you don't have one of your own, and;
- A free online reservation system if you don't have one of your own.
Most importantly, you own the relationship with your guest, increasing guest satisfaction and your own profitability.
Through Check In Canada™, millions of potential guests can easily connect directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest.
What Does It Cost?
Because Check In Canada™ is owned by the accommodation industry, our goal is to keep our members’ money in their pockets.
Pay-Per-Click: $195 Annual Fee + $1 per Click
- Links directly to your reservation system
- Your rates & availability appear in consumer searches
- Detailed quarterly analytics
- Clicks invoiced quarterly
We've taken the worry out of high referral fees. No matter how many consumers click on your listing, Check In Canada™ only charges for a maximum of 200 referrals per year.
Static Listing: $195 Annual Fee + No Clicks
- No link to your reservation system
- No rates & availability displayed in consumer searches, listing appears at end of results
- No analytics
Applicable provincial, territorial and federal taxes will be added. A referral is counted each time a visitor clicks on your
"Book” button. If you choose the Pay-Per-Click option you will be billed $1 for each click based on analytics provided to your property.
How Do I Get the Most Out of Check In Canada™?
1. Verify your property’s information on www.CheckInCanada.com and notify us of any updates to photos, property description, or amenities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you have a reservation system but your rates do not appear, contact us at email@example.com. If you do not have a reservation system and want your rates and availability to appear through Check In Canada™, take advantage of our low-cost option. Please contact us for more information.
We Are Here to Help You
- For program details, benefits or technical inquiries, please contact Check In Canada™ toll free at 1-888-612-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For billing inquiries, please contact Check In Canada™ toll free at 1-888-612-2772 or email@example.com.