What is Check in Canada Page
Research shows that consumers prefer to book directly with accommodation providers. Until now, they could only shop for a room by searching passive listing sites, browsing Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), or by sifting through multiple hotel websites. Now, Check In Canada™ allows consumers to search for accommodation by rate and availability, then book directly with the hotel.
Who is Check In Canada?
Led by the Hotel Association of Canada, Check In Canada™ is a consortium of provincial accommodation associations from British Columbia to Ontario who are working together to connect guests directly to the hotels and lodging that serve them. Check In Canada™ is owned by these member based organizations, not a private, for profit entity. Its purpose is to enhance the guest experience and drive economic prosperity for Canada’s tourism & hospitality industry.
What are the Benefits of Participating in Check In Canada™?
Guests are connected directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest. Check In Canada™ provides:
- A refreshed listing on your Provincial, regional, and city destination marketing organization (where applicable) that connects directly to your reservation system, showing consumers your rates & availability, with no additional inventory management required by you;
- Listing on www.CheckInCanada.com;
- Consumers are referred to your website to book their accommodation, increasing direct bookings and reducing your distribution costs;
- Consumers can shop and compare accommodations and view consumer feedback through TrustYou;
- Detailed analytics about where your potential customers to help guide your marketing investments, (participants receive a username and password and can access reports for any date range).
- In Ontario, accessibility ratings through Planat™ (Rick Hansen Foundation),
- Green Key ratings,
- A low-cost online reservation system if you don't have one of your own, and;
- A free online reservation system if you don't have one of your own.
Most importantly, you own the relationship with your guest, increasing guest satisfaction and your own profitability.
Through Check In Canada™, millions of potential guests can easily connect directly to your online booking system, improving the guest experience, reducing your acquisition costs, and allowing you to build a direct one-on-one relationship with your guest.
What Does It Cost?
Because Check In Canada™ is owned by the accommodation industry, our goal is to keep our members’ money in their pockets.
- $195 Annual Fee + $1 per referral (first 50 referrals are included, then $1 per referral to a maximum of $200 for unlimited referrals)
- Your rates & availability appear in consumer searches
- Detailed reports available online
- Referrals invoiced annually
We've taken the worry out of high referral fees. No matter how many consumers are referred to your property, Check In Canada™ only charges a maximum of $395 per year.
Applicable provincial, territorial and federal taxes will be added. A referral is counted each time a visitor clicks on a link to your website or booking engine.
How Do I Get the Most Out of Check In Canada™?
1. Verify your property’s information on www.CheckInCanada.com and notify us of any updates to photos, property description, or amenities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you have a reservation system but your rates do not appear, contact us at email@example.com. If you do not have a reservation system and want your rates and availability to appear through Check In Canada™, take advantage of our low-cost option. Please contact us for more information.
3. We encourage provincial and local destination marketing organizations to include the Check In Canada booking widget on their websites. This will ensure the maximum number of referrals are sent to your property. We would be pleased to provide a customized proposal for your destination marketing organization based on the number of hotels, attractions and features requested.
We Are Here to Help You
- For program details, benefits or technical inquiries, please contact Check In Canada™ toll free at 1-877-641-4653 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For billing inquiries, please contact Check In Canada™ toll free at 1-877-641-4653 or email@example.com.